Sunday, June 23, 2013

Bait Spotlight~Charachter Interview

Bait
by
K.C. Blake
 
Blurb
Ghosts, a reaper, and a rock star.
At sixteen Bay-Lee is not your typical girl. She doesn't even try to fit in at school. What's the point when she'll be moving to a new place within a few months?
She's lived her whole life on the run, hiding from monsters.
Then a reaper uses her closet to cross over from the Spirit Realm. It has a message for her. Just when she's about to join her father at his school for hunters she finds out they are dying on their birthdays. Something is killing them, slipping past locked doors, never leaving a trace of evidence, and her birthday is only two months away.
Becoming a hunter isn't exactly her dream come true. She's doing it for her mother, for revenge, for justice. Nothing is going to get in her way, least of all love. Then she looks up into a pair of jungle green eyes and everything changes.
 At twenty Nick Gallos use his rock star alias to travel the world, hunting vampires, but all of that is about to change.  When he loses everything, he blames Bay-Lee.  The last thing on his mind is falling in love.  He isn’t capable, or so he thinks.  Enter a headstrong girl with revenge on her mind, a tortured soul like him, and he is forever lost.
 
 
Author Bio:
 Born and raised in sunny California, K.C. Blake fell in love with books at a young age and decided to pursue writing as a career.  Her favorite authors include Stephen King, John Saul, Cassandra Clare, J.K. Rowling, and Carrie Jones.  In her spare time she enjoys shopping (and when I say shopping I mean go to the mall early in the day, eat lunch, and then keep going until you don't have any strength left), reading great books, taking care of animals (she lives on a farm), and searching for creative ideas to improve her home.  A former writer for Harlequin, she now publishes her books her way and loves every second of it.  She is currently living in the Midwest with two cats, a dog, several cows, and five baby ducks.
 
(also available in print)
 
Twitter:  @kasiblake
 
Character Interview 
Bay-Lee and Nick

What is the scariest thing that ever happened to you?
Bay-Lee:  My mother was torn apart by a werewolf pack and... I can’t talk about this.
Nick:  I guess it was when my parents voted to have me killed over something I ‘might’ do someday.  Stupid fortune tellers should be outlawed.  Enough said.

What do you find attractive in another person?
Bay-Lee:  Like I told Keisha, I am not in the market for a boyfriend.  Love gets in the way, and I have too many plans.  First, I need to become the greatest hunter around, good enough to hunt and kill a pack on my own.  Then I am going to buy a boat and sail away.  (wistful smile)  There are no monsters at sea.
Nick:  (grins)  I like a pretty face and a hard body.  (serious now)  But if she’s going to be with me, she needs to be tough.  She needs to be strong and hard to kill.  Basically I like a girl who can handle her weapons.

Who is your best friend?  Why?
Bay-Lee:  I wasn’t allowed to have friends until recently.  We moved around a lot, and I had to use a different name every time.  You can’t have friends when you’re lying to their faces.
Nick:  My best bud is Michael Keebler.  We grew up together, and he plays lead guitar for our band, Bad-Rock.  Heard of us?  Of course you have.  Everyone knows who we are... they just don’t know what we do in our spare time.
If you had 48 hours to live, what would you do with that time?
Bay-Lee:  I would have to go after the werewolf pack that killed my mom, ready or not, and get justice for her.  That’s all I’ve ever wanted. 
Nick:  I would want to do a huge show, televised, and blast the roof off.  Then while I was riding that high, I would want to take on as many border monsters as I could find and go down swinging.

What would we find under your bed?
Bay-Lee:  (grimace)  With my luck, probably a monster.
Nick:  A sword, a dagger, a shotgun, probably a ton of ammo.  (grin)  I like to be prepared for anything.

What do you do to relax?
Bay-Lee:  I picture myself on a boat in the middle of the ocean, warm sun on my face and wind in my air.
Nick:  I do some yoga and meditation early in the morning each day.  Helps keep me loose.

Is there someone you’d like to apologize to?
Bay-Lee:  My mother.  Because I think it was my fault she died.  I’m not sure why, but I’m going to find out.
Nick:  No.  Next question
 

No comments:

Post a Comment