Friday, February 21, 2014

Book Review: Beyond The Shadows by Anna Hub !!!


Title: Beyond the Shadows (The Shadow Series #1)
Author: Anna Hub 
Published On: April 27, 2013
Source: Review Copy

Synopsis:

"A violent shudder travelled up my spine, each vertebrae snapping together like a zip lock, all my muscles tensed but I couldn’t tear myself away from the image ..."

If your shadow was trying to consume you, how would you run from it?

What if you were afraid of something you could never escape?

Selena Parker’s journey into the unknown begins in her dreams, but the consequences are carried back into her conscious life and she soon realises paranormal forces are at work. Her shadow has become more than just an image, it is a gateway to a sinister new world where mysterious creatures roam and she is confronted by danger that challenges her will to survive.She finds the man whose fate is linked inexplicably to her own but she knows nothing of him and doubts his true nature. Her only option is to place her life in his hands while they search for a way to stop the shadows claiming them forever.



  



I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book.

I really enjoyed this book a lot and the loved the concept very much, well if by love you mean getting scared of my own shadow!!!

This book is full of descriptive scenes that you'll feel like the chilling and horrific incidents are happening in front of your own eyes and that was really a great experience for me after a very long time. The writing style of the author is unique yet super comfy and I didn't feel like deciphering Hebrew language like sometimes it happens with the other paranormal genre books.

The characters were great and the portrayal of their emotions - fear, confusion, desperation, pain, etc, was so brilliant that I instantly fell in love with the characters. They just made me a part of their difficult journey and I went on with the flow.

The suspense is really chilling in here and the twits were good and unpredictable and mostly they just took me by surprise at the end. 

Over all a great read and I would highly recommend it to others as well.

Rating: Four Dark Vampires

No comments:

Post a Comment