Saturday, March 29, 2014

Book Review: Of Dreams and Shadows by D.S. McKnight !!!


Title: Of Dreams and Shadow (Forget Me Not #1)
Author: D.S. McKnight
Published On: September 23, 2013
Publisher: Stone Bay Press
Source: Review Copy

Synopsis:


We live. We die. Is there anything more? Jenna Barton is about to find out. After moving to the coastal North Carolina town of Parson's Cove, Jenna has unwittingly stepped into the middle of a mystery involving a missing child. Unfortunately, the predator is still on the loose and Jenna has become his new obsession. With a little luck and a bit of paranormal help, Jenna might survive.









I got this book from the author as a complimentary copy, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank the author and the tour organizers fro giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book.

Okay, so the first thing that comes to mind is that this is an average read. I can't say that I hated it because there was plenty to love and I can't say that I loved it totally because that will be a dishonest review.

So, the things I liked are the characters mainly. They were fully developed and played their part very well. Each one of them was distinct in nature and attitude and had a strong personality especially the female lead. I gave this book 3 stars just because of the lovely characters.

Okay so there is what I liked now lets move to what I didn't like. The first thing that dimmed my excitement is the story line. Well, to be honest I liked the story line but the execution of the concept wasn't up to the mark. Secondly I didn't like the pace at all. It was damn slow and that irritated me. And thirdly and most importantly the fact the annoyed me the most is the lack of suspense and surprise, well I don't know about you guys but I saw all the major twists coming and that left no room for suspense or mystery.

So as you can see there are more negative points than positive but that's entirely mine opinion so as I always say, opinions are subjective so I would encourage you guys to go for it and give it a chance.

Rating: Three Scary Vampires !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment