Friday, May 09, 2014

Ultimate Kill By Kristine Mason Review~Spotlight






Ultimate Kill
By Kristine Mason

When the past collides with the present, the only way to ensure the future lies in the ultimate kill…

Naomi McCall is a woman of many secrets. Her family has been murdered and she’s been forced into hiding. No one knows her past or her real name, not even the man she loves.

Jake Tyler, former Marine and the newest recruit to the private criminal investigation agency, CORE, has been in love with a woman who never existed. When he learns about the lies Naomi has weaved, he’s ready to leave her—until an obsessed madman begins sending her explosive messages every hour on the hour.

Innocent people are dying. With their deaths, Naomi’s secrets are revealed and the truth is thrust into the open. All but one. Naomi’s not sure if Jake can handle a truth that will change their lives. But she is certain of one thing—the only way to stop the killer before he takes more lives is to make herself his next victim.





I didn't pick up my first romance novel until I was in my late twenties. Immediately hooked, I read a bazillion books before deciding to write one of my own. After the birth of my first son I needed something to keep my mind from turning to mush, and Sesame Street wasn't cutting it. While that first book will never see the light of day, something good came from writing it. I realized my passion, and found a career I love.
When I'm not writing contemporary romances and dark, romantic suspense novels (or reading them!) I'm chasing after my four kids and two neurotic dogs.




Favorite Quotes: 

“Tears welled in her eyes and slid down her cheeks. Her stomach grew nauseous and she tasted bile. Lightheaded, she closed her eyes. “He knows the only man I’ve ever loved was him.”
“And Naomi knows I love her, no matter what you did to her.”

“Right thing put Harry on row of death.” Harrison looked at Vlad, who chuckled. “Kidding. Vlad know it Death Row. Vlad also know it where Harry heads. But…” He took a long drag off the cigarette. “We do this. Vlad and Harry, we do this. Then go look at pretty women in bikinis.”

“Vlad lowered his weapon. “Honey Badger need to shut the fuck up. Vlad grow tired of Talky Tina.”
“Chatty Cathy,” Harrison said, running a hand through his hair. “Damn it, Vlad. I was supposed to—”

This was given to me I exchange for an honest review. 

This is a story a woman who would do anything for the man she loves. Naomi aka Rose has been through hell and back and then some. She is a woman who love jack but cannot be with him due to her past. She is on the run and changed her name so her enemy could not find her or so she thought.  When she left Jake she thought she would never see him again but he found her and wants answers. Will she tell him her secrets? Or will she destroy the second chance they have?  Will her enemy finally find her? Will he take away the only person she has left that she loves?

This is a story that I loved.  This story will make you angry, sad, happy, and ready to kill and cry.  Lots of action, sex, love, sex, oh and hot sexy men and of course plenty of bad guys.  The story flows and the way it is written it makes you feel like you are part of the story. It is a page turner; you don't want to put it down.  I cannot wait til the next book in the series comes out. 


FIVE PROTECTIVE ANGELS

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for featuring my book and for the AWESOME review!! I loved the quotes you've added. Vlad was a blast to write. Now a quote from your review: "This story will make you angry, sad, happy, and ready to kill and cry." LOVED THIS! Thanks so much! To know I can evoke those feelings puts a smile of my face ;-)

    ReplyDelete