Monday, November 10, 2014

Divine Scales Jennifer Blackstream Author Interview




Title: Divine Scales
Author: Jennifer Blackstream
Genre: Fantasy Romance
A warrior with a hunger for sin . . .

Driven by a terrible hunger for the black souls of evil men, Patricio, divine executioner of the gods, patrols the kingdom with blood on his hands and ice in his heart. The families of his victims sing his praises--the result of a witch’s cruel curse that condemns him to be forever surrounded by false adulation. When the curse sours the first hint at romance Patricio has had since becoming the king’s heir, his rage is all consuming. Disgusted, he leaves the mermaid in the sea and returns to the palace…only to be shocked when she bargains for the legs to follow him.

A mermaid out of her element . . .

Marcela’s world has been turned upside-down--literally. Once a proud member of her father King Triton’s royal guard, she’s now the victim of an angel’s curse. Enchanted into false adoration bordering on obsession, she traded her tail--and her voice--to the sea witch for the legs she needed to pursue the object of her desire. In a cruel twist of fate, the very magic that gave her the means to pursue her passion also broke the spell that caused it. Now she’s in the angel’s arms, but how can either of them trust the desire churning inside them when so much magic has muddied the waters?

Trust isn’t easy when nothing is as it seems . . .

A mermaid with legs and no singing voice. An angel with a curse. A witch with a chip on her shoulder. The world is full of magic and mayhem, and for an angel and a mermaid, it will take more than a kiss to balance…the Divine Scales

Author Bio
Jennifer Blackstream is a psychology enthusiast with both a B.A. and M.A. in Psychology. Her fascination with the human mind is most appeased through the study of mythology and folklore as well as any novel by Sir Terry Pratchett.

Jennifer enjoys listening to Alice Cooper, trying new recipes (to which she will add garlic whether it calls for it or not), watching television with her family, and playing with her woefully intelligent young son. She lives in Ohio.

Jennifer spends most of her time drinking coffee from her X-Men mug and desperately trying to get all her ideas written down before her son can find that all magical button on her laptop to make her latest work vanish.

To learn more about Jennifer Blackstream and her novels, visit her website at http://www.jenniferblackstream.com.


Links


BOOK THREE



Author Interview
Describe your books in 3 words?
Funny, whimsical, gruesome

If you could be any character from one of your books who would it be?
The cuelebre. I would like to be a know-it-all with a quirky personality and the power to do significant damage if I choose.

What is your greatest fear about being an author/publishing your book(s)?
I suppose my greatest fear is that someone outside of my writing life will find out about what I write and try to use it to smear me personally either in public or in front of my kids. Romance is a great genre, but there are still those who look down on it, and some who even consider the people who write it to be… Well, there are unpleasant people out there. I put myself in the public eye when I put my writing out there, and that always carries a risk.

Would the 10 year-old version of yourself kick your butt or praise you for what you've accomplished in life?
Praise. I’ve always tried to be supportive of myself (My mum insisted on it)

What do you do when you finish your book and turn it in to the editor?
I start implementing my marketing strategy, setting up book tours, etc., then I jump right into writing the next book.

What is your favorite Genre and why?
Paranormal romance. There’s just so much potential for excitement and amusement in a world where anything is possible.

What is one thing that would surprise us to know about you?  
I have Madelung’s Deformity in both wrists. Basically, one of the bones in my forearms was too short, so the one that was the proper length sort of grew upwards. The pain is background pain for me now since I’ve been dealing with it since puberty, but one thing I’ve found helps a lot is to sleep with this large stuffed My Little Pony. When I sleep (without the pony) I curl my hands under my chin and that position leaves me in pain the next morning. The pony’s head is perfectly shaped to rest my chin on, and I can lean my arm down one of its legs to keep my wrist straight. The My Little Pony was a joke gift from my grandma for my 23rd birthday, but it’s turned out to be quite therapeutic.

Was there an Author who inspired you to write?
I find that most writers are born with the desire to write, so I wouldn’t say there was an author that inspired me to become a writer. However, I do find Laurell K. Hamilton and Jim Butcher to be quite inspirational.

How did you come up with the characters in your books?
I wish I could say. Really, they just come to me.

Do you prefer to write alone or do you like to collaborate with other authors?
So far I’ve only written alone, but I am considering co-authoring in the future. I would need to find someone with a very similar voice to mine, but I’ve spoken with Sophie Avett about it, so who knows?

Everyone uses computers, tablets, phones and no one uses handwritten form or typewriters, what do you prefer to use?
I need my computer. I can’t write by hand fast enough to keep up with my train of thought.

Is there a ritual you do everything before you begin your book?
I start the day with caffeine, food, and an episode of whatever show I’m watching. After I’m done eating, I check email while finishing out the episode. Then I turn everything off and start writing.



Fast Fairy Questions-(one word answers PLZ)
Apple or Windows? Windows
Dog or Cat? Cat
Pepsi or Coke? Coke
Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
Summer or Winter? Winter
Fairies or Angels? Fairies
Dark or Light Fae? Dark
Vampires or Werewolves? Werewolves
Amazon or Barnes and Noble? Amazon
Funny or Serious? Funny
Print or E-book? E-book
Eyes or Smile? Smile
Dean or Sam (Supernatural)? Who?
Dream spot to visit? Ireland


No comments:

Post a Comment