Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Desolation By M. L. Banner Author Interview





Title: Desolation
Author: ML Banner
Genre: Science Fiction
A #1 Hot New Release in Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

A world devastated: a sky filled with magical auroras at night and deadly radiation during the day; technology all but gone; hundreds of millions dead by fire, starvation, disease and violence. The survivors will have to face their own desolation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Three groups struggle to endure and hold onto what little they have, while others will do anything to take it all. On a beach in Mexico, a small town in Wyoming, and a rural ranch in Illinois, epic battles between good and evil will be fought. Winners will have to face forces of nature never seen before.
But there is a dim light on the horizon. A 150 year old secret may lead the lucky few to a place that holds the promise of a new future, unless the sun sets on humanity first.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
The stunning follow up to the #1 Amazon Best Seller STONE AGE.

Movie Rating: PG-17 for descriptions of violence and language.

Author Bio
Hello lovers of apocalyptic fiction!

I devour the same books I enjoy writing: science fiction, but especially anything apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic or dystopian. I love stories about regular people being put into extra ordinary circumstances, and having to rely on their own cunning and that of others to survive.

Stone Age & DESOLATION are that kind of story. They're fast moving, have some regular and amazing characters who must make life changing decisions, all while the world is experiencing an apocalypse unlike anything imagined.

When not writing fiction, my wife and I split time between Tucson, Arizona and the sunny beaches of Mexico. I also write for a few blogs, and I still write articles to assist small business owners for one of the companies I founded, SmallBiZ.com.
Links

 http://mlbanner.com




·         Describe your books in 3 words? Scary EOTWAYKI stuff (“End Of The World As We Know It”)
·         If you could be any character from one of your books who would it be? Max
·         What is your greatest fear about being an author/publishing your book(s)? That what I wrote sucks!
·         Would the 10 year-old version of yourself kick your butt or praise you for what you've accomplished in life? He would say, don’t stop: Keep working so I can spend more time on the beach before I’m too old to walk!
·         What is your favorite Genre and why? Post-Apocalyptic fiction – I think most people can relate to one or more characters in these stories and then ask themselves, “If this happened to me, could I survive?”
·         What is one thing that would surprise us to know about you?  In 2013, I had no intention of being a professional writer. Then, I read an article about solar storms, thought it would make a great book, but I couldn’t find it. So, I wrote it (published 2014). When I finished I surprised the heck out of my wife when I asked her to read it and she said, “Who wrote this?” I told her it was me. Then she said, “How come I’m married to you and I didn’t even know you were writing a book?” I guess it wasn’t real until she read it. But when she read it and told me she loved it, I knew this is what I wanted to do.
·         Was there an Author who inspired you to write? Hugh Howey and before him Stephen King
·         How did you come up with the characters in your books? They’re me, my friends, people I’ve met, or people I’ve read about… Most often they’re a mash-up of all of the above.
·         Do you prefer to write alone or do you like to collaborate with other authors? I’m mostly a loner on this, but I’m going to co-author a book this summer with an author in the UK. Looking forward to this.
·         Everyone uses computers, tablets, phones and no one uses handwritten form or typewriters, what do you prefer to use? Computer and iPad . I took typing in high school on a typewriter—I’m dating myself now—so I think words much better on a keyboard. Plus, there’s the added bonus of being able to read what I’ve written. With my handwriting, I make doctors feel good about their penmanship.
·         Is there a ritual you do (everything) before you begin your book? For me a book starts when I get an idea and I can picture a scene. I write the scene exactly as I see it, trying then to capture the mood, the smells, everything. Then I’ll write a synopsis for the rest of the book: front, middle, and end. When I’m ready to write, I organize the synopsis into chapters and think about story flow and pace. Then, I write the chapters. During this last part, I’m writing 2,000 to 5,000 words per day.
·         What do you do when you finish your book and turn it in to the editor? Plan for getting the word out for book after it is rewritten (post-editors) and released and get started on the next one. I don’t celebrate until after it is published. Then, we get out the bubbly.

Fast Fairy Questions-(one word answers PLZ)
Apple or Windows? Windows
Dog or Cat? Cat
Pepsi or Coke? Coke
Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
Summer or Winter? Summer
Fairies or Angels? Trolls – nobody likes them
Dark or Light Fae? Dark
Vampires or Werewolves? Vamp-wolves or Were-pires
Amazon or Barnes and Noble? Amazon
Funny or Serious? Funny
Print or E-book? Ebook
Eyes or Smile? Eyes
Dean or Sam (Supernatural)? Yikes! Sorry, never watched it.
Dream spot to visit? Fiji



No comments:

Post a Comment