Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Mistaken Identity By Patricia Gligor




About the Book
Title: Mistaken Identity
Author: Patricia Gligor
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Ann feels like she’s in Paradise as she digs her toes into the soft, white sand and gazes out at the ocean. She’s looked forward to this trip to South Carolina for a long time and all she wants to do is bask in the sun, resting and relaxing.
She and her two young children are enjoying their time on Fripp Island with Ann’s sister, Marnie, and Marnie’s elderly friend and former neighbor, Clara Brunner, a long time resident with a vast knowledge of the island and the people who live there. At the fourth of July fireworks, Clara introduces them to newlyweds Jenny and Mark Hall and their families.

But Ann’s plans for a peaceful vacation are shattered the next morning. When she goes for a solitary walk on the beach, she discovers the body of a young woman with the chain of a gold locket twisted around her neck and she immediately recognizes the locket as the one Jenny Hall was wearing the night before.
Shocked and saddened, Ann is determined to try to find the killer and to see them brought to justice. She convinces Marnie and Clara to join her in conducting an investigation but, in the process, she places her own life in jeopardy.

Author Bio

Patricia Gligor is a Cincinnati native. She enjoys reading mystery/suspense novels, touring and photographing old houses and traveling. She has worked as an administrative assistant, the sole proprietor of a resume writing service and the manager of a sporting goods department but her passion has always been writing fiction. Ms. Gligor writes the Malone Mystery series. The first three books, Mixed Messages, Unfinished Business, and Desperate Deeds take place in Cincinnati but in Mistaken Identity, the fourth book, her characters are vacationing on Fripp Island in South Carolina.
Her books are available at:


Book Excerpt


Marnie reached across the table and patted Davey’s arm. “You’re awfully quiet. Is something wrong?”

He frowned. “I didn’t see any gators.”

“I’ll tell you what. I promise you, before you leave to go home, I’ll make sure you see one. How’s that?”

Davey grinned up at his aunt. “Promise?”

“I promise. Now, what was your favorite thing about Charleston?”

Davey’s eyes lit up. “Fort Sumter! A real fort! With cannons! I never saw a real fort before and we got to take a ferry ride to see it and everything. The man that told us all about the fort said that’s where the first shots were fired in the Cibil War.”

Danielle rolled her eyes. “How many times do I have to tell you? It’s not the Cibil War, Doofus. It’s the Civil War. C-I-V-I-L!” She turned to her aunt. “I did a report on it for school in the Spring. In April eighteen sixty-one, Confederate General Beauregard sent aides to the Union commander, Major Anderson, at Fort Sumter to demand he surrender the fort. Major Anderson refused and the next morning, the Confederates opened fire on Fort Sumter.” She shot a look at her brother. “Those were the first shots fired in the Civil War.”

“Well, you sure know a lot about the Civil War, Dani. I’m glad you and Davey. . .”  Marnie paused in mid-sentence. Someone was pounding on the door. “What the heck? Who could that be at this time of night?” She jumped up and opened the door to see Clara standing there with tears streaming down her face.

“Clara, what’s wrong? You’re shaking. Are you okay?”

“Oh my God, Marnie! Sugar’s gone! He’s just gone! I opened the door for just a second and he squeezed through. He ran away before I could grab him. I’ve looked all over and I can’t find hide nor hair of him!”

“Okay. Calm down. We’ll help you look for him. I’m sure he couldn’t have gone far.”

“Oh, thank you! I can’t figure out where he’s run off to. I’ve just gotta find him. I don’t know what I’d do without him.”

“Don’t worry. We’ll find him.”

As they all stood up to leave, Davey grabbed Ann’s arm and pulled her aside. “Mommy, what if a gator got him?”



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for hosting me today! Although "Mistaken Identity" is my fourth Malone Mystery, each book may be read as a standalone.

    ReplyDelete