Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Finders Keepers (Finders Keepers #1) by Russ Colchamiro


Finders Keepers (Finders Keepers #1) by Russ Colchamiro



Traversing Europe, New Zealand, and the backbone of Eternity, Finders Keepers is a raunchy, sci-fi backpacking comedy that not only tackles friendship, sex, commitment, and desire, but also God, reincarnation--and what really happened to the dinosaurs!
On a backpacking trip through Europe, Jason Medley and Theo Barnes stumble through hash bars and hangovers; religious zealots and stalkers; food poisoning and thunderstorms; cute girls; overnight trains; fever-pitch hallucinations--and the spectre of adult responsibility!
But when a jar containing the Universe's DNA falls from Eternity, these new friends find their loyalties put to the test . . . unaware that a motley crew from another realm is chasing them across the globe, with the fate of the Milky Way hanging in the balance.
For fans of Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, Christopher Moore, Tom Robins, Third Rock from the Sun, Groundhog Day, Hot Tub Time Machine, and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Finders Keepers is the first book in author Russ Cochamiro's scifi comedy trilogy.








Genius de Milo (Finders Keepers #2) by Russ Colchamiro


Milo -- the Universe's Great Disruptor and ultimate gremlin -- is creating havoc in the galaxy, with the Earth fluxing in and out of Existence. Which, of course, means no rest for best pals Jason Medley and Theo Barnes!
After a backpacking trip through Europe and New Zealand that -- thanks to a jar of Cosmic Building Material they found -- almost wiped out the galaxy once before, Theo now finds that his twin girls are teleporting, and Jason can't tell which version of his life is real.
Joined by the mysterious Jamie -- a down-and-out hotel clerk from Eternity -- Jason and Theo reunite on a frantic, cross-country chase across America, praying they can retrieve that radioactive jar, circumvent Milo, and save the Earth from irrevocable disaster.
In author Russ Colchamiro's uproarious sequel to Finders Keepers, he finally confirms what we've long suspected ... that there's just no de Milo quite like a Genius de Milo.










Astropalooza (Finders Keepers 3) by Russ Colchamiro


Astropalooza, the greatest celebration in the Universe, is just days away. And it'll be a party like no other -- namely, the last one ever!
Backpacking pals Jason Medley and Theo Barnes have already saved the Earth -- twice! -- nearly obliterating themselves in the process, thanks to a missing jar of the Universe's DNA. But things are about to get a whole lot ... worse.
Because thanks to our bumbling heroes, the next Big Bang is imminent, with two massive energy waves barreling through space towards one another. When they collide, it'll be the end of Existence as we know it.
Can Jason and Theo finally return their radioactive jar before those waves crash, wiping away the Cosmos? Can they save the Universe ... again?
With Astropalooza, author Russ Colchamiro brings you the epic conclusion of his hilarious Finders Keepers trilogy. So join the party. You'll never have so much fun going out with a Bang!















Russ Colchamiro is the author of the rollicking space adventure, Crossline, the hilarious sci-fi backpacking comedy series, Finders Keepers, Genius de Milo, and Astropalooza, and is editor of the new anthology, Love, Murder & Mayhem, all with Crazy 8 Press.

Russ lives in New Jersey with his wife, two children, and crazy dog, Simon, who may in fact be an alien himself. Russ has also contributed to several other anthologies, including Tales of the Crimson Keep, Pangaea, and Altered States of the Union, and TV Gods 2. He is now at work on a top-secret project, and a Finders Keepers spin-off.

As a matter of full disclosure, readers should not be surprised if Russ spontaneously teleports in a blast of white light followed by screaming fluorescent color and the feeling of being sucked through a tornado. It’s just how he gets around — windier than the bus, for sure, but much quicker.








Q: Describe your books in 3 words?
A: SciFi mystery humor

Q: If you could be any character from one of your books who would it be?
A: Milo, from Finders Keepers, Genius de Milo and Astropalooza. He’s sort of the ultimate Gremlin—the Bart Simpson—of the Universe. He has loads of fun whenever possible, with not quite, but almost unlimited power. And he’s not power hungry either. Not at all. Despite appearances, he plays a significant role in keeping the Universe in one piece. It doesn’t always seem that way—or work out that way!—but there’s a method to his madness.

Q: What is your greatest fear about being an author/publishing your book(s)?
A: Leaving this Earth with books in me I still want to write. I’m overloaded with ideas. I could write for a decade straight without coming up with anything new and I still wouldn’t be able to tackle every story I want to tell. I’m still working out a way to clone myself.

Q: Would the 10 year-old version of yourself kick your butt or praise you for what you've accomplished in life?
A: Ha. My 10-year-old self would very much enjoy that I’ve written several books that take readers on wild adventures and are meant to be loads of fun, but I’m not sure he’d totally agree with the kinds of adventures I take. LOL! I was a late bloomer in life, and tend to follow an unpredictable path.

Q: What do you do when you finish your book and turn it in to the editor?
A: Sleep! And then I take a few weeks to decompress. After spending up to a year with these characters, I need to let them drift away, at their own pace, so I can clear my head and start on something fresh. In the meantime, I usually take notes on my next project. I typically ask for my trusted readers to get back to me with feedback within 60 days of handing them a manuscript, so I take that time to advance other books and plan out the next year or two.

Q: What is your favorite Genre and why?
A: I’ve predominantly written scifi and fantasy, because it allows me to dream as big as I want, and explore the wide-ranging possibilities. And then, within those worlds I’ve created, my goal is to tell epic stories that have a grand scope while also feeling quite personal and relatable. And fun! But now I’m moving more into mystery and crime fiction, but still with a scifi angle to it.

Q: What is one thing that would surprise us to know about you?
A:  I faced the possibility of spending seven years in prison, have been questioned for murder (separate incident), served on a murder trial, and held a dead body in my arms. (Technically that’s four)

Q: Was there an Author who inspired you to write?
A: No single author inspired me to want to be a writer myself, but there are writers I look to for inspiration, including Stephen King, Christopher Moore, Sara Gran, Harlan Coben, Kurt Vonnegut, Alan Moore, Ray Bradbury, and many others.

Q: How did you come up with the characters in your books?
A: The characters reveal themselves to me. You can’t force a character, or it doesn’t work. I might have an idea of who a character is, but they become more fully formed through the writing process. In my first book Finders Keepers, I wrote an early sequence where I say that Danielle doesn’t like Brigsby. She doesn’t trust him. Immediately after typing those words, I said to myself: “Brigsby? Who the heck is Brigsby?” He became a central character for the entire trilogy. I just never really know when or where characters will show up, or where they’ll take me.

Q: Do you prefer to write alone or do you like to collaborate with other authors?
A: Alone. But I collaborate from time to time. Every project is different. In fact, I’m working now a short story with my Crazy 8 Press partners, where we’re all contributing 1,000 words or so to the same story, which focused on wizards and demons and other magic-based shenanigans. We start with one writer, pass the story on to the next with no consultation, and then it’s up to each of us to advance the story and ultimately wrap it with a great ending. This story will appear in the 5th Anniversary edition of our anthology Tales of the Crimson Keep, due out in the spring of 2018.

Q: Everyone uses computers, tablets, phones and no one uses handwritten form or typewriters, what do you prefer to use?
Q: Computer.

Q: Is there a ritual you do everything before you begin your book?
A: I take a lot of notes before I sit down to formally clack the keys. I try to plot out the entire book, chapter by chapter, including key sequences, dialogue, significant character moments, and more, like storyboarding a movie. That way when I’m ready to officially sit down and write, I can just go. But I also leave enough room within the structure so that I can improvise, or let the story and characters take me where they want to go. I find it critical to have a plan, but like the saying goes: “life’s what happens when you’re busy planning something else.”

Fast Fairy Questions-(one word answers PLZ)
Q: Apple or Windows?
A: Either
Q: Dog or Cat?
A: Cat
Q: Pepsi or Coke?
A: Coke
Q: Facebook or Twitter?
A: Both
Q: Summer or Winter?
A: Summer
Q: Fairies or Angels?
A: Fairies
Q: Dark or Light Fae?
A: Light
Q: Vampires or Werewolves?
A: Werewolves
Q: Amazon or Barnes and Noble?
A: Amazon
Q: Funny or Serious?
A: Both
Q: Print or E-book?
A: Print
Q: Eyes or Smile?
A: Both
Q: Dean or Sam (Supernatural)?
A: Neither
Q: Dream spot to visit?
A: New Zealand


No comments:

Post a Comment