Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wake Up Call Review











Author Victoria Ashley
Title Wake Up Call
Genre New Adult/Contemporary Romance

Synopsis

My heart stopped and suddenly it was hard to breathe. His voice always had that effect on me. It was like poison slowly running through my veins killing me bit by bit. Like a drug that I couldn't get enough of even though I was almost down to my last breath.

Jace took a step forward and grabbed my hand. He slowly trailed his fingers over my face and backed me into the wall. My heart stopped again if that was even possible. "You can't leave," he whispered. "I need you." His warm breath kissed my lips as he bit his bottom lip and placed both of his hands around my face. They were warm and soft to the touch. Too big for my fragile face, although I wanted to bury myself in them. "Breathe. There is no one here but the two of us. Breathe," he whispered.


Avery Hale had spent her whole childhood abused by her drunken, hopped-up parents. Broken from a lifetime of hate and pain she grew up realizing that trust and love just didn't exist. Not in her world at least. After turning the age of eighteen, she packed up and moved far away determined to escape her hurtful past and start a new life. Once on her own she comes to the conclusion that the emptiness still exist. Doing what she had to to survive she found herself mixed up in exotic dancing and meaningless sexual relationships unable to feel anything, for anyone. She was sure that her life was worthless and there was nothing left for her. On the other hand, so she thought.

After meeting a beautiful stranger, jace, her life suddenly is turned upside down. Everything that she truly believed suddenly gets questioned and then she is left to figure out if there is really more to her than she could ever have imagined. Jace, having some secrets of his own puts the pain of his own past behind to do what he can to help Avery.Can the love of another broken person be enough to help Avery, or is she already too far gone?

Avery's life is pulled in many directions as she tries to find herself, and not everyone and thing is what they seem to be in this story of love, trust and opening up. Finding herself and learning to love herself might just be the hardest thing she's ever had to do.



                       


Favorite Quotes: SPOILER ALERT!!

He looked down into the car at me as I sat there, frozen in time. "Well are you coming in or do you want me to bring my bathroom outside and clean you up?" He laughed in amusement and walked to the front door, looking confident and sexy as he let himself inside.

"Sounds good, but I get to pick the movie," I said playfully.   "Okay, but nothing too girly. I'm a manly man," he said, nudging me in the side as we pulled into the video store.

He smiled at me and turned on the TV. "Are you feeling uncomfortable?" He grabbed my shoulder and gently pulled me against his body. It made my stomach flip. "You can lean against me for support. I'm pretty comfortable." He rested his head next to mine and placed his lips next to my ear. "I don't bite," he whispered.

I love you, Avery." He pressed his forehead to mine and looked me in the eye. "I truly do."   I reached out and touched his soft face. It felt so good under my palm. It still felt like a dream world to me. "I love you too, Jace. More than you can ever know."   


When I saw the cover of this book I went Oh yeah I have to read it.  But what I found when I opened it and started reading was not what I expected.  I expected a sensual story of love.  Well I got that and more.  I got a story about suffering, healing, forgiveness, trust, friendship and love.

Avery is a young woman who feels she cannot trust, love or allow anyone close to her.  She has been through heartache and abuse both mental and physical most of her life. She ran away to get away from it. She did what she had to survive, until she meets Jace.
Jace is a man with demons also but from the first minute he saw Avery he knew he would do anything he can to protect Avery.  He started with saving her life, gave her a place to live and a job. The attraction between them scared both of them but Jace knew he would be there for her and slowly realized that he would love her forever. Slowly Avery realizes that he was the man of his word and would always protect her.  But would her past catch up to her and destroy what she built or would she finally find the one person she could not live without?

This was an amazing story, one that captured your attention from the beginning to end.  I did not put the book down until I finished it and didn't want to.  This was a story that you felt that you were part of it. She captured your attention with the interaction between the characters.  The more I read, the more I wanted to go and find Avery’s mom and dad and have a long, long talk with them. Well maybe not talk but show them really show them and let them feel just what they did and how much hurt they cause Avery. 


FIVE TOGETHER ANGELS






No comments:

Post a Comment