Monday, December 30, 2013

Review: The Watcher by Lisa Voisin


TITLE: THE WATCHER
AUTHOR: LISA VOISIN
PUBLISHER: INKSPELL PUBLISHING
PUBLISHED ON: MARCH 4, 2013
SOURCE: REVIEW COPY


SYNOPSIS: 

Millennia ago, he fell from heaven for her.

Can he face her without falling again?

Fascinated with ancient civilizations, seventeen-year-old Mia Crawford dreams of becoming an archaeologist. She also dreams of wings—soft and silent like snow—and somebody trying to steal them.

When a horrible creature appears out of thin air and attacks her, she knows Michael Fontaine is involved, though he claims to know nothing about it. Secretive and aloof, Michael evokes feelings in Mia that she doesn’t understand. Images of another time and place haunt her. She recognizes them—but not from any textbook.

In search of the truth, Mia discovers a past life of forbidden love, jealousy and revenge that tore an angel from Heaven and sent her to an early grave. Now that her soul has returned, does she have a chance at loving that angel again? Or will an age-old nemesis destroy them both?

Ancient history is only the beginning.


I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank the author fr giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this fabulous book. I would also like to thank Carrie Fort, moderator of Lovers of Paranormal Group of Goodreads for giving me this opportunity of reading this book under their read to review theme.

Well, to be honest I loved this book !!! It's compelling !!!

The plot is awesome without any errors and I loved the concept and the story line. I'm a big fan of Angels falling from heaven just for their true love and as soon as I saw that this book has a similar concept, well I jumped right into it and I don't regret my decision.

From the very start the author kept the surroundings tense and drew the readers attention. The mystery about the strange visions that Mia had but couldn't place them right and kept on finding the strings attached to those. Then came Michael and he just knocked me over with his sexiness and the divine beauty. Their forbidden love and the struggle to be with each other made this read an emotional and fascinating read for me.

The 'bad boy' Damiel is even more appealing than Michael and maybe just for a teeny tiny moment I thought that he should become the actual hero but don't get me wrong guys, I'm not supporting him just a wish that maybe some of you will also have when you come across him. 

There is lot of action, suspense, love, betrayals, shocking revelations and many unexpected twists and turns that will make you sweat in tension and fidget in anticipation. I loved the writing style of the author, the descriptive details and the vivid insight of the historical facts kept me hooked in till the end and in future I really want to read more of the author's work.

Over all a great read and I know this books has the potential to join the Best Sellers club very soon. Go on now and get your copy. You won't regret picking it up !!!

RATING: 5 DIVINE VAMPIRES


No comments:

Post a Comment