Sunday, February 09, 2014

Book Review: Balancer by Patrick Wong !!!


Title: Balancer [The Final Deity]
Author:  Patrick Wong 
Published On: October 21, 2013
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Source: Review Copy

Synopsis:

When teenagers Nicole and Amy save a child from a freak wildfire, they unwittingly trigger a bizarre sequence of events. In the following days, Nicole finds herself caught up in more extraordinary happenings, until she is forced to confront the startling truth about herself: She has the power to give life or take life from every living thing around her. As Nicole tests the extent of her powers, her activities attract the attention of mysterious agents who believe the girls are part of a larger terrorist plot. Now on a trail into the unknown, Nicole and Amy will be forced to question just what is real — and who they can trust.





I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book and I would like to thank LOP group of Goodreads for letting me review this book.

Well, I'm so sad to say that I didn't enjoy the book as much as I wanted to. /the story line is great and the concept is unique too but the execution wasn't good, I mean I didn't get satisfied by it.

The main problem was that the pacing was too slow for me and the events were dragged on for too long and so it became a boring experience for me. I liked the characters but Nicole felt a little off-beat, I mean that I couldn't connect with her properly and so she just didn't felt to be true which dimmed my excitement a bit.

The mystery part was good but the author couldn't keep up the suspense for long and slowly the major twists became quite predictable for me so I lacked interest in there as well. Over all a good read but not up to the mark. Hope to read many more fascinating novels from the author in recent future but for now I cannot give more than three stars to Balancer by Patrick Wong.

Rating: Three Sad Vampires


No comments:

Post a Comment