Monday, February 17, 2014

Book Review: Requiem Trilogy by Christine Fonseca !!!


Title: Lacrimosa [Requiem #1]
Author: Christine Fonseca
Published On: July 5, 2013
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Source: Review Copy



  



Synopsis:

Some sacrifices should never be made, even for love.

Nesy is the best of an elite group of angels, warriors called Sentinals, charged with one job—vanquish the UnHoly. She’s never made a mistake, never gotten emotionally involved, never failed.
Until she comes face-to-face with Aydan.
He is evil incarnate. A fallen angel that feeds off the souls of others. Everything Nesy is supposed to hate. But she can’t, because he’s also the human love of her life; a love she was never supposed to feel.
Now she must choose between doing her duty or saving Aydan, a choice that will cost more than her life...
Or his soul.

**Second Edition includes the Requiem Short, Dies Irae, and features all new interiors and cover design


I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this fabulous book.

Well, to be honest I'm a little disappointed with the story. I mean the story is good and I liked the concept too but firstly the first half seemed a bit confusing, specially the transitions between the previous and the past lives. Secondly Nesy was totally confused about what she wants and the irresistible pull towards the bad boy has become so overused that I just don't feel like reading those same things again and again and to my utter dismay this book wasn't anything different.

The characters weren't developed much and I would have liked a little personality development in case of Nesy particularly. The action scenes were really awesome and the scenes describing Aydan's hunting of souls were marvelous and  I really liked the way all these scenes were described.

So over all a 50-50 read for me which could have been much better but got stuck at the 'Good' level!!!

Rating: Three Angel Vampires


Title: Libera Me [Requiem #2]
Author: Christine Fonseca
Published On: July 16, 2013
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Source: Review Copy



  





Synopsis:

The line between good and evil has never been so blurred.
Aydan wants to believe Nesy has returned to him in Vanessa. But her lack of memories and incessant nightmares begin to erode his faith. Zane is used to trusting his mind, his wisdom and his angelic senses. But these attributes are no help with Vanessa. He has no way to be certain of her true identity. That is, unless he listens to the one thing he has refused to acknowledge throughout his existence - his feelings for Nesy.

Blind to both angel and demon, Aydan and Zane must now figure out the truth behind Nesy's identity before all is lost, Azza discovers the truth and the Beast is again unleashed.

~
**The special second edition includes the Requiem Shorts Mea Culpa and Enigma.**


I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book.

Wow!!! I truly enjoyed this read!!! There is action, adventure, romance, passion, forbidden attraction and love!!! I loved every bit of this story. 

Okay, let me explain!!! You guys must be confused that I didn't quite enjoy book 1 so what made me enjoy book 2 so much, right? Well the answer to that is Nesy!!! In this second novel Nesy is so much more mature and her character showed signs of development and all this summed up to my enjoyment.

Here the stakes are high and  the danger is even more. A grave secret is about to be revealed. Nesy's true identity is still a mystery, will they be able to know the secret? Will it change things for them forever?

Oh my God!!! The thrill and chill in this book is awesome and the twists are totally unpredictable. Kick-ass action scenes and over all passionate romance and suspense made this read a gripping adventure for me. Just awesome!!!


Rating: Four and a Half Angel Vampires



Title: Dominus [Requiem #3]
Author: Christine Fonseca
Published On: October 10, 2013
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Source: Review Copy



   



Synopsis:

Sometimes death is the only way to save a life.

Nesy knows who she is now, knows what she's lost. Determined to save Aydan from his fate, she confronts the only one she blames for everything - Azza. But how can she fight the devil when she is nothing more than human.

The fate of Celestium, Infernum and humanity rests in Nesy's hands. Can she find the strength to confront demons she's never imagined, face fears she's never voiced, and release the one things that has held her world together - her love for Aydan. Some sacrifices should never be made...even for love.



I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book.

Wow!!! That was really heart-wrenching [but in a good way] !!! This is the perfect ending to the story and it couldn't have been any better than this. 

I'm so happy to have made this journey with Nessy and Aydan and I'm glad that I read such a great trilogy. Though I was a bit upset regarding book 1 but from book 2 everything were a whirlwind and I just went on and on with it.

Libera Me ended with a soul-touching ending and though Dominus didn't have a Happily Ever After ending but the ending that it had is mind-blowing and I'm not going to reveal the ending because that's the best and the worst thing in this whole trilogy.

I enjoyed every moment of this book. The emotions, passion, sacrifice, pain, everything were portrayed such genuinely that it brought life to the characters and to the plot it self. The writing style is awesome and I loved the detailed descriptions that the author gave us.

I would definitely recommend it to all and hope that you guys will love it too. Go for it guys!!!

Rating: Five Angel Vampires


No comments:

Post a Comment